Sunday, August 18, 2013

Movie: Star Trek Into Darkness



DVD/ Blu-ray release date: September 10, 2013

Release date: May 16, 2013

Director: J.J. Abrams

Rating: PG-13

Prequel: Star Trek

Screenplay: Roberto Orci



Hello Employees! I thought that with the new Star Trek movie coming to DVD and Blu-ray very soon, I would give you my review of the newest installment; Into Darkness.

As usual, to give the movie one word to describe it; “Adventurous”.


Captain Kirk is back again with the Enterprise crew, and I will honestly say that I love this version of James T. Kirk, played by Chris Pine. The casting in the first movie, that was carried over into this film is so fantastic. I really enjoyed Benedict Cumberbatch as the primary villian in this movie as well. His mysterious aura he presented and fiercneness he protrayed was great. I really couldn't say enough good things about his performance.

I saw this movie twice in theaters, for someone who has never been a hardcore Star Trek fan, thats saying something. Now I won't sit here and have you thinking this movie is flawless. From a storyline perspective, it could've been better. It was a little predictable and honestly not very broad. It showed little of any other alien life, and remained focused on earth. I'm a huge fan of science-fiction, and when I watch movies of this genre, I enjoy seeing something I haven't seen before. Wheather that is the technology, civilations, new planets, or aliens. Into Darkness showed more of the same, although I enjoy those same things, I felt it left the movie needing a little more exploration.

I will mention that there was a little controversy over a scene in the movie, in which Alice Eve's character appears posing in her underwear randomly. Surprisingly the screenwriter and producer, Damon Lindelof apologized on Twitter: "I take responsibility and will be more mindful in the future". I will say that it probably should've been cut, and had no real importance other then using it in trailers to attract attention.

As far as special effects go, I thought that they did a pretty good job all throughout the movie. I really don't mind the constant lens flares either, as I see it as just part of the ambiance. I loved the music throughout the film, and really think the sound effects are very identifying.

I can say with excitement that I can't wait for the third movie to get here, that way I can see the Enterprise crew once again. As good as the first? No, but it's not off by much. If you love action, science-fiction, or just space travel, it's your movie. Rent it a.s.a.p., or buy it on blu-ray, worth the money!

RossBoss Performance Review: 8.5 out of 10
promoted

No comments:

Post a Comment